Connect with us

Sports

COVID-19: Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev match to be postponed

Published

on

 

The chaos causes by the Convid-19 virus may affect the Anthony Joshua’s world heavyweight title defence against Kubrat Pulev

The match could be delayed until July due to the world pandemic disease, promoter Eddie Hearn said on Tuesday.

Joshua is due to fight Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20.

But the British star could be forced to give up that date if Tottenham need the ground for a potential extension of the Premier League campaign.

All top-flight football matches have been suspended until early April at the earliest due to the pandemic, causing speculation that the season will be finished in the summer.

Euro 2020 has been pushed back a year to 2021, which has opened up room in the schedule to play domestic matches in June and July if possible.

Hearn, whose Matchroom organisation earlier confirmed the postponement of all boxing events in March and April, has dismissed the prospect of any of his major bouts being staged behind closed doors.

Referring to Joshua’s June 20 date, Hearn told Sky Sports News: “At the moment it’s still in place.

“Obviously with the news of the Euros being cancelled and the possible extension of the Premier League season, Spurs may need that stadium in June.

“We do have an option to run that fight in July as well at the same stadium. Everything now is really a case-by-case situation and a day-by-day situation of trying to think on your feet.

“June 20 is a long time away. It’s still in our plans and we have been speaking to Tottenham to make sure we’re all on the same page and that we know we have the same strategy moving forward.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Covid-19 test result for Victor Moses, Romelu Lukaku, Others revealed

Published

on

By

Nigerian superstar Victor Moses alongside Belgian striker, Romelo Lukaku and other players of Inter Milan FC, have received their test results for the novel.corona virus.

The players who are star players for seria A Football club, Inter Milan FC were tested on Sunday.

However, according to the statement released on the Serie A site, all players and officials tested negative to the deadly virus.

The statement reads partly; “FC Internazionale Milano announces that all of the results from Friday’s medical tests on the club’s players, coaching staff, management staff, and the remainder of the team group have returned as negative.”

This online news platform is aware that Serie A clubs have been granted permission to resume training from Monday, May 18.

Meanwhile, recall that Football games resumed in Germany on Saturday, May 16 after several weeks of suspension occasioned by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak across the world.

Continue Reading

Sports

Football is back as EPL makes preparation for June 1 re-start

Published

on

By

Premier League clubs received a boost to their hopes of completing the season on Monday as the government published a “roadmap” that could see the return of elite sport in England from June 1.

As the 20 English top-flight clubs met for further talks on “Project Restart”, ministers announced plans to ease the coronavirus lockdown.

Under step two of that process, which cannot begin any earlier than June 1, sporting events would be allowed “to take place behind closed doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact”.

Such events will only be allowed if sufficient progress is made in limiting the spread of the virus.

Premier League clubs had been planning for a return to action no earlier than the week beginning June 8.

English top-flight clubs were reportedly talking about a possible resumption despite growing disquiet among players over safety issues and divisions over proposals on how to finish the season.

Before the resumption of matches can be considered, protocols need to be agreed on how to return to group training safely and on how the Premier League would deal with positive tests.

Continue Reading

Sports

Covid-19: For the 4th Time, Juventus player Dybala tests positive

Published

on

By

 

Juventus Striker, Paulo Dybala, has tested positive to the popular Corona virus disease.

This is the fourth time, the player who plays for the Argentina National team will be declared positive.

Few weeks ago, Dybala and his girlfriend Oriana Sabatini, were confirmed positive for the COVID-19 disease.

According to the report by the Spanish programme El Chiringuito, Dybala has had a total of four tests in six weeks and all test has returned positive.

It could be recalled that the 26-year-old player narrated a few weeks ago of the unpleasant experience he had with the dreadful virus within the few days.

He said, “I feel better now after some strong symptoms. A couple of days ago I was not well, I felt heavy and after five minutes of movement I had to stop because I was struggling to breathe.”

“Now I can move and walk to start trying to train because when I tried in the past few days I started to shake too much. I gasped for air and as a result I couldn’t do anything, after five minutes I was already very tired, I felt the body heavy and my muscles hurt.”

“Now I’m fine. My fiancée Oriana (Sabatini) has also overcome the symptoms.”

Continue Reading

Trending