Connect with us

Sports

Bullied Australian boy Quaden Bayles leads out rugby league team in front of thousands

Published

on

Quaden Bayles walks with the All Stars Rugby team

 Quaden Bayles, a 9-year-old Australian boy who won the support of well-wishers around the world after being bullied for his dwarfism, has led out a rugby league team in front of thousands of cheering fans.

Bayles walked out with the National Rugby League’s Indigenous All Stars team ahead of an exhibition match against the New Zealand Maoris on Saturday.

He had been invited by the entire team in a video posted online, in which captain Latrell Mitchell told him: “We’ve got your back. We’re here to support you, bud.”

Earlier in the week Bayles’ mother Yarraka, from the Australian state of Queensland, posted a heartbreaking Facebook Live video to raise awareness of the impact of bullying. In the video, she said her son had previously attempted suicide.

“This is what bullying does,” she said in the video. “Can you please educate your children, your families, your friends?”

The video was viewed millions times after it was posted on Tuesday, with Bayles receiving a massive outpouring of support from around the world — and hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised to send him to Disneyland.

The Maoris went on to defeat the Indigenous All Stars 30-16 in the game at Cbus Super Stadium in Australia’s Gold Coast, with Bayles getting a pitchside view.

Among the other famous faces to reach out to Bayles was Australian actor Hugh Jackman, who posted a video message to Twitter telling Bayles: “No matter what, you’ve got a friend in me.”

“Quaden, you are stronger than you know, mate,” Jackman said. “Everyone, let’s just please be kind to each other. Bullying is not OK, period.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Covid-19 test result for Victor Moses, Romelu Lukaku, Others revealed

Published

on

By

Nigerian superstar Victor Moses alongside Belgian striker, Romelo Lukaku and other players of Inter Milan FC, have received their test results for the novel.corona virus.

The players who are star players for seria A Football club, Inter Milan FC were tested on Sunday.

However, according to the statement released on the Serie A site, all players and officials tested negative to the deadly virus.

The statement reads partly; “FC Internazionale Milano announces that all of the results from Friday’s medical tests on the club’s players, coaching staff, management staff, and the remainder of the team group have returned as negative.”

This online news platform is aware that Serie A clubs have been granted permission to resume training from Monday, May 18.

Meanwhile, recall that Football games resumed in Germany on Saturday, May 16 after several weeks of suspension occasioned by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak across the world.

Continue Reading

Sports

Football is back as EPL makes preparation for June 1 re-start

Published

on

By

Premier League clubs received a boost to their hopes of completing the season on Monday as the government published a “roadmap” that could see the return of elite sport in England from June 1.

As the 20 English top-flight clubs met for further talks on “Project Restart”, ministers announced plans to ease the coronavirus lockdown.

Under step two of that process, which cannot begin any earlier than June 1, sporting events would be allowed “to take place behind closed doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact”.

Such events will only be allowed if sufficient progress is made in limiting the spread of the virus.

Premier League clubs had been planning for a return to action no earlier than the week beginning June 8.

English top-flight clubs were reportedly talking about a possible resumption despite growing disquiet among players over safety issues and divisions over proposals on how to finish the season.

Before the resumption of matches can be considered, protocols need to be agreed on how to return to group training safely and on how the Premier League would deal with positive tests.

Continue Reading

Sports

Covid-19: For the 4th Time, Juventus player Dybala tests positive

Published

on

By

 

Juventus Striker, Paulo Dybala, has tested positive to the popular Corona virus disease.

This is the fourth time, the player who plays for the Argentina National team will be declared positive.

Few weeks ago, Dybala and his girlfriend Oriana Sabatini, were confirmed positive for the COVID-19 disease.

According to the report by the Spanish programme El Chiringuito, Dybala has had a total of four tests in six weeks and all test has returned positive.

It could be recalled that the 26-year-old player narrated a few weeks ago of the unpleasant experience he had with the dreadful virus within the few days.

He said, “I feel better now after some strong symptoms. A couple of days ago I was not well, I felt heavy and after five minutes of movement I had to stop because I was struggling to breathe.”

“Now I can move and walk to start trying to train because when I tried in the past few days I started to shake too much. I gasped for air and as a result I couldn’t do anything, after five minutes I was already very tired, I felt the body heavy and my muscles hurt.”

“Now I’m fine. My fiancée Oriana (Sabatini) has also overcome the symptoms.”

Continue Reading

Trending